Saturday, April 26, 2008

Celebrating Dad in the Great Outdoors...


Sue and Sarah Gertler came down from Delaware to hike with me on April 25th...and enjoy a day in the great outdoors with much beauty Dad would have liked. In fact, in was nice to imagine him seeing this through my eyes, and taking him with me this way, as the hike itself was a tougher go than he'd probably have been able to do with me in real time. So now he got to come along, after a fashion.

See great pix here on picasa...

Writing a song for us and Dad, lyrics kind of a dialogue along the lines of,

(Something happened I wish you were here)
How shall I find you?

Just close your eyes
And open your heart
And I'll be right with you after all
....there to catch you if you fall
...here to listen when you call
...sit there with you in the hall
...be right with him/her, standin' tall
...will protect you in the squall

No comments: