Sunday, July 30, 2006

Judy's July Road Trip!

It's that time of year...well, maybe. For the second year in a row, I took the helm of the trusty Scooter, got in touch with my Inner Nomad, and motored forth to my Home and Native Land for a week criscrossing southern Ontario.

I don't know if I'd have felt as relaxed to do this any time but summer for this combination of business and family visiting. As it was, I set a new personal record, driving 1460 miles in five days, including Washington to Markham, Brantford, London, Guelph, Burlington, Toronto, Whitby, Oshawa, Mississauga, Hamilton, Toronto and back to DC.

Mom was my traveling companion on the trip home, and she and JJ's programming of the iPod into the Mini's audio system combined to make the journey lively and pleasant, despite the length of the trip.

I saw Dad, who is indeed as chipper as Karen suggests, and had a great visit with Terri, Diana, Aunt Ann and Terri's boys. K,L,&D will find souvenirs of that trip awaiting you at the farm -- both things to take home, and things to read and enjoy before returning them to Aunt Ann.

-- JB

1 comment:

ooblio said...

Hey, great picture with dad. THis wasn't there before, was it? Did you add it on a later edit?