Sunday, July 23, 2006

No Kangaroos Here



I could have sworn there were supposed to be kangaroos in Austria. Oh well. We'll have to make due with Mozart wannabees everywhere instead. Almost over jetlag. All the stores are closed Sundays here so we mostly wandered around the parks etc. The hotel is ultra funky modern. It's still silly hot though, hitting 37 today. We miss Simon. :(
He's having loads of fun with Mammy, Pappy and Tanti Marie and cousin Thomas in Vergt.
Corinne started confernece things tonight and I went to a sort of outdoor concert in the park with an outdoor movie to go with it. Just now watching the rerun of the end of the Tour de France on the big ass flat panel tv in the hotel room. There ends the day....

3 comments:

ooblio said...

What movie went with the concert in the park? "In the Heat of the Night"?

Lorne said...

opera was Carmina Burana. Corinne hummed a few bars earlier in the day and it was bugging me all day as to where I'd heard it. I knew it had to be a parady of some sort but I just couldn't place it.
DUM DUM DUM DUM..PUM!...DUM DUM DUM..PUM!...
DUM DUM DUM DAAA DAAA DAAA DUM
(REPEAT LOUDER AND IN A SLIGHTLY HIGHER KEY).
Recognize the music and win a prize. Know the recent parady and you watch too much tv...

ooblio said...

Sadly, I don't watch any mainstream TV these day's so I don't know what's been used recently. By the way, it's "Parody". Spelling must be your Nemasis.