Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to School...

It's the Tuesday after Labour Day, and things begin to return to their regular rhythm. Vacations are over for just about everyone, and school has begun. The kids have been on-again/off-again over starting school. The excitement of new school supplies is greater when the stuff is purchased than when it's about to be taken to school to be used. No surprise there. We all love to spend money...

Susan's vying for a spot at the kids' school as a supply teacher, which will (hopefully) open the door for full time teaching soon enough. I begin the long trek over the Sept - Nov quarter to get a ton of applications converted from HP AIX to IBM AIX, and begin testing on the new database version. It's project coordination, plain and simple, but I need to do it well.

CPR is looking to get a bunch of their staff to start telecommuting, and although I'd like to give it a try, I'm not going to be one of the "early adopters". We're vacating one full floor of the building we're in here in Calgary, so facilities is re-stacking everyone. So I'll get a 5th desk in 3 years. Good thing I haven't finished unpacking from March.

The weather in Calgary has been incredible since Friday last week. Clear and hot every day, clear and cool at night. It's the most amazing end-of-summer I can remember out here. We clearly remember some Labour Day Weekends where we went to the park for a picnic with some friends and the kids were all huddled in blankets trying to keep warm. So we take what we get.

I'll start to filter throught the hundreds of photos we've taken over the past month, and set up the lot onto DVDs for distribution.

The blog's been quite lately, but I'm presuming that's due to vacationing people. I can start to publish some pix soon.

d

No comments: