Thursday, September 07, 2006

Where does it go?

I loved the farm pictures and all the updates about home renovation in Calgary! We missed you all too.



After such a flurry of posts, I can' t bear not to post something, even quick. Since we got back from PSV, JJ is enjoying the start to his new job. I hosted a baby shower for someone who inherited a part of my work at the Embassy (no pix from that), and met her temporary replacement, whom I like a lot. I was then off to Rimouski and Riviere du Loup to teach in Quebec -- this is a picture from a sunset walk along the St Lawrence river in Rimouski -- and for a weekend visit with a friend in Montreal. I need to get the web gallery done so you can link to it. Wonderful pictures of the open market at Jean Talon in Montreal, among other things.

I had a bit of downtime on Monday, and charged right into one of those weeks that just evaporates. We had dinner last night with our friends Pam Heilman and Sam Jelinek, great ladies in town judging for the Business Achievement Award (which has grown magnificently). Met a bunch of the incoming officers at the Embassy -- sorry, they seem SOOO young! -- and reflected on how much has changed over the last three years...

This has so far been a very busy week trying to prepare for the National Publicity Summit in New York at the end of Sept. That includes Watching Television, something I don't do that much of, to better understand the shows I want to be on, for example, and preparing very brief "pitches" to media producers and writers. (Watch for my gig on Oprah...) All that is after a brief visit to Toronto, on 20-24th, which will include a visit to the Farm on 22-24th. I haven't figured out how I'm getting there yet; I think I will need to rent a car, but don't want to if I don't have to. I will email Lorne to ask about possible alternatives...

JJ will travel to Prescott in the last week of Sept, and I wish I could go with him, but I will be in New York then.

Anyway, I'm feeling like all of you do, that there are not enough hours in the day... but with so many good things on the go, I don't think I'll complain.

Love to all,
J3

No comments: