Saturday, September 16, 2006

Birthday 47 -- a very good year (both past and begun)



I was going to go climbing with my climbing partner, Linda, but the weather had been rainy and the cliffs would have been too slippery, so we did a long walk in my neighbourhood instead...and after his regular Saturday radio show, JJ and I went out for dinner and dancing at the club..





My birthday is
day on and around which I particularly contemplate the blessings of the year that has been, and renew my commitment to put good out into the world and evoke and invite the best from everyone around me. I also close off my journal for the year, and begin a new one (clipping out the "If today is your birthday..." horoscope to put in the front, of course) the next day.


As I finished the one from the past year, you were all very much a part of the long list of tremendous people whom I am grateful to have in my life.You have each in your own way been a powerful force supporting me for so many years, and especially in the last three as I’ve launched into the unknown territory of really finding out who I am and what I can accomplish. So often I call on you to ask for advice or help…and you know I am keen to do anything I can to help you.

Yes, it's hard to be apart from lovely and smart nieces and nephews, and I look forward to every time I have to be with you and hug you and play (and pilfer chocolate) together...and always hope that the next time will be soon. Toronto trip this week is looking jam-packed until I get to Karen's on Friday night, and will be there through early Sunday morning, when I have to drive back to get an 11 am plane home. Hope I can see you sometime in there!


Love, Judy

1 comment:

woolley ones said...

ah, birthdays
just a number huh?

that tire thing again eh!
wasn't it just about a year ago that it let go last time!
we were driving on thanksgiving weekend to ptbo I think.

hope family will join us at the farm for the first day of autumn!