Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This morning's rant...

What is with these people on the public transit?? The busses are packed in the mornings by 6:45: all standing room only. What REALLY annoys me are those people who walk to the middle doors of the bus, and just stand in the aisle. They're completely intimidated by the back half of the bus. Can't go up those last two steps, to make more room. Meanwhile, they're being packed in like sardines by the driver (which is double annoying, as they're not supposed to be ahead of the yellow line, but there's no choice, except to not let more people on. Speaking of More-on, the moron refuses to move further back.

I have to do the "excuse me, pardon me, excuse me..." Shuffle past several butts, but finally make it to comparative luxury of space at the back. I look to the front and can but laugh at the folks jammed together, if only they'd spread out. (hmm, "Jammed" and "Spread" in the same sentence)

Partly the driver's fault, for not asking them to move back. But I blame selfish, self absorbed riders who just don't care about anyone else.

We now return you to your mysterious and coveted private life.

dpb.

1 comment:

Mom Bradt said...

I hope you sent this as a letter to the Editor of the Calgary paper?