Saturday, June 19, 2010

Test day... success for all

Test day a Tecumseh TaeKwon-Do was a success for all testees. Natalie achieved her 2nd promotion to Yellow belt, picutred here with her friend Nikki, who also got the same promotion.

And, after nearly 7 years of TaeKwon-Do work, Today was test day for my 1st Dan.

It wasn't a cake walk, that's for sure. But I came through the other side and was presented with my black belt. I've got some video of my breaking and self defense, which was sort of fun, and I'll post that after I edit it down a bit, and reduce the size.

Pictured at left with the two head instructors, just after they presented it to me.

I don't think it's really sunken in yet. It's been such a long journey to get here, and there's still so much ahead. But it's a significant milestone on the journey.

5 comments:

woolley ones said...

WOW! what a thing to leap into father's day with
so proud Dave!
well done

Judy Bradt said...

Bravo! and I appreciate it all the more for having been your guest. Thanks for sharing your world with me, and congratulations!

Love,
Judy

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! Dave, you're THE MAN! Congrats on your achievement. And Miss Natalie too!

Cheers,
Frances

Mom Bradt said...

Well done, Dave! What a journey this has been for you and a fantastic achievement. Certainly a Father's Day to remember. I'm glad I was able to watch some of your steps along the way and also to take part in that self defence night where I learned a lot about TKD. Mom's very proud of you!!

Mom Bradt said...

Congratulations, Natalie, on your newest achievement. I remember when your Dad was a yellow belt, and now you're there! Well done, and keep up the good work. Hugs from Gramma!!