Sunday, July 30, 2006

Climb on...

Here's what Judy spent last Saturday (the 22nd) and this Sunday (the 30th) doing: outdoor climbing at Great Falls -- 50 - foot cliffs over the Potomac about a half hour drive from home.

It's a whole different experience from indoors! I so enjoyed it! It's amazing what you can do with not very much rock. I loved feeling close to the rock face.

Both weeks, my climbing partner Linda Robinson and I were the only two students -- an ideal class size.

Last week, the instructor set up the ropes, and we did eight climbs and /or rappels each.
Today's class was to learn about creating the anchor systems with ropes at the top, and so we did less climbing and more assessing which rocks or trees were good candidates for anchors, and tying the ropes and then using the systems we'd set up to climb.

This is fun, and I hope to do more!

1 comment:

Lorne said...

Spider Woman
Spider Woman
Does what the guy beside 'er couldn'