Monday, December 24, 2007

I love Christmas eve...

There's something about Christmas eve that makes it better than the rest of the year. The build up is almost at a max, but it gets sustained for just one more day. Invariable, I end up in a drugs store, ususally Shoppers Drug Mart, or London Drugs, on Christmas Eve. I have to chuckle to myself, watching all the last-minute shoppers looking desperately for that one more thing they need to get. I half expect to see Lorne there.

Traffic is always light on the city streets, although the malls are packed. I stay away from the malls, where possible. And drivers are, for just once in the year, polite to each other. It's almost worth going for a drive on Christmas Eve JUST to have that experience.

OK, so what are all the RIGHT Christmas specials?
Frosty (1), Rudolph (including the original (2) , the Christmas in July (3) , and shiny new year(4) )
Santa Claus is Comin to town (5) and The year without a Santa Claus (6)
Charlie Brown's Christmas (7)
The Grinch(8)
The Muppet Family Christmas (9).
What am I missing?

And then there are the not-to-be missed movies:
"It's a Wonderful Life"
Miracle on 34th Street
Scrooged
A Christmas Carol (NOT colorized)
and my personal favourite
Die Hard.

No comments: