Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44th at 44...

I've never had any method to keep track of which president is which number. But With Obama, I know that the 44th president was sworn in when I was 44. So that works out ok.


I was in the Nisku Room on the 6th floor of Gulf Canada Square, testing recent applicaton changes for Track Crew Reporting. Not exaclty worth remembering, but that's where I was. AND I was listening to the acceptance speech on CBC streaming on the corporate internet, which is against corp polity, but we figured it was important. Besides, we kept working while we listened.


In other less earthshattering events, last night I did something that I've never done before in my life, and not less someting that I have been afraid to do for as long as I can remember. (dramatic pause) I dove off the 1m springboard BACKWARDS.

It starts off from this position, and then you just fall over backwards and enter the water hands first. I did it three times!
What is also amazing is how much WORK diving is. You'd think that jumping into the pool is easy. I figure it's like wathcing someone ride a horse: how much work can that be? But if you've ever gone riding, it's quite a lot of work. Same sort of thing, except you end up smelling like chlorine, instead of manure.

No comments: