Thursday, November 25, 2010

Back in the kitchen

Wed. Nov 24: I was going to start the backsplash but decided to look for lumber for table legs instead (you CANNOT get wooden table legs from Ikea). Spent most the day finding lumber the right size and kind, then custom carving the joint to attach it. Worked out ok. The Ikea drawer front came in and was the wrong colour but a genius, Tea (Pronounced Taya, and she was actually Swedish!), in 'Resolutions' found the right one in stock at the store.
I got the table together just in time for us to have our first meal back in the kitchen.
Took out an mountainous pile of cardboard to the street for pickup. Shoulda took a picture of that!
Things are slowly migrating in to their new cupboards.

Thurs. 25th: I took all the leftovers back to Ikea and Tea had me book an appointment so no waitng around. She managed a mess of bills, parts and payment methods and got me out of the store in less time than it took to talk to a person at the exchanges counter Tuesday. I think I'll stay away from there for a while. To give the staff a break if nothing else...
Dmitiry finished this afternoon with the last custom drill out and hang the final doors. Corinne picked out and up the new shades for the lights over the peninsula.
Let's see...tile, grout on wall and floor, sealing, some trim, caulking a little electrical and we be done!

No comments: